Thursday, September 3, 2009

MaY MOnGGO Man Sa AbROaD..

Note: Today I discovered the blog of my nephew. It was one of the discoveries which, even if I tried to, I could never shout nor whisper the word Eureka! Nevertheless, the blog shouted of the loneliness and pathos of one who is new to a world different from the one he called home. This post is about his simple longing for home - of family, friends, and familiar surroundings - as exemplified by a simple vegetable dish. I remembered the time I realized how I loved the vegetables served in my home, when I entered the seminary after elementary. The seminary was in Makati and the priests forced us to eat the vegetables served during meals. Being in Makati, the vegetables were not as fresh and therefore not as tasty as in our place in Iloilo. Each time we were served with vegetables, I was reminded that I was not in my home. Each time I see vegetables, I longed for my home - of my family, friends, and familiar surroundings.

Read on. This post is not about my experience, but about my nephew's experience in the United Kingdom where he started living since July 19, 2009.



I was reading the blog of my uncle, tpos nakita ko...my ato nga category...what you'll miss when you're abroad..uhmm?may nakita ako didto nga pagkaon nga not very usual gd man diri but 1 time nag luto si daddy sang monggo after pila ka days nga manok lang kag meat ang ginakaon ko..may laswa gid man!whahaha....so naisip ko, what if i'll make response to the the posts...MAY LASWA MAN DI GALI SA ABROAD..haha



Sang una indi subong, indi ko gd uyon'uyon ang laswa ukon gulay nga ini..hambal ko pa gani 'biskan indi kami magkitaay sang gulay ok lang' but then, siguro marealize mo man mag amat'amat ka nga magkabuot nga namit gd man gali siya...During my first year college ang school is far away from home..about 60 km more or less ang kalayuon, makapoy ang byahe so better stay sa dorm..and during that year, didto ko lang marealize o mamiss ang tawag nga vegies..my ara man nga vegetables sa canteen o kalan'an but they're right nga different gd man ang lutong bahay, so wala japon ko gakaon sang laswa didto.. kag kada puli nalang ko kabawi kaon..subong naexperience naman nga malayo sa gina kasahuan mo nga pagkaon..Sa pila ka adlaw nga manok, meat, fish, de lata nga sud'an ang akon dapli..at last, may laswa gd man! Ang dapli ko yesterday amu ang mongo tpos with spinach then my baboy..Hai ang feeling nga daw na nakaginhawa ka..whahaha..kaso ang pamangkot ko duman..kung maubos ni?anu naman?balik naman sa dati?whahaha
but at least, there is a sign nga gaexist gd man ang laswa di..haha



source: http://misterpanguyab.blogspot.com/2009/09/may-monggo-man-abroad.html

No comments:

Ga-patad ka sa LOTTO? I-memorize ang numero nga ini....

free counters

Mga Astig