Thursday, August 27, 2009

Merlyn T, Section 5

I saw her in our neighborhood as the frequent companion of Bongbong C, a childhood playmate who is now blind for being a diabetic. I thought she was Bongbong's wife. She sometimes smiled at me, possibly because she knew I was her classmate. But I didn't know that we were in the same class because I had never met her in any of the class reunions.

Then Bebot D mentioned that classmate Merlyn T died. I didn't know she was referring to Bongbong's frequent companion. I only learned of this after I asked Au-au B to accompany me to the wake to deliver the mass card of the class. (So, there. Now, you know where the extra money last April reunion is going. Financial report is available with Au-au.)

Merlyn died of cancer of the intestines. She had an operation last year to remove about 12 kilos of mass from her bloated stomach. After the operation, she underwent chemotherapy. She lost some hair but she seemed to recover. A few months back, there was a relapse. Merlyn felt pain again. Later, she died.


The above were narrated to me by Bongbong. I learned from him that Merlyn was his wife's cousin and that Merlyn lived with them so that somebody coukd look after him while his wife worked as a nurse in the local hospital.

From Bongbong's house, Merlyn's body was transferred to Bgy. Tupol in his adoptive parents residence. Interment is scheduled on August 31.

Merlyn left behind a son and a grandchild.@

1 comment:

Ruth C. Poblete, KSA said...

I still know and remember all the names of our classmates you mentionedin your blog except this Merlyn T. Maybe if I know her family name Iwill remember her. Apple, when reading your blogs used to ask me oftheir full names and who they are, and is the one telling her more oftheir details. I really appreciate sharing your blogs to us, it's in myfavorites and I open it every day after I log-in to my YM.

Ga-patad ka sa LOTTO? I-memorize ang numero nga ini....

free counters

Mga Astig